Tuesday 16 February 2021

Children of GOD!


 Consider the verse above.  It is so profound that it is easy to miss the point.  GOD loves you and me so much that HE has bestowed on us the love that HE has for us by sending HIS Son to this earth to die for our sins.

When we accept the truth of the saving grace of GOD by accepting Jesus Christ as our Lord and our Saviour, we are accepted into the family of GOD as children of GOD.

No longer are we children of our parents on earth, we belong to the family of GOD!  This is an enormous gift.  Given freely for you and me to accept or to reject.  And what do we have to do to accept this gift.

Simply put, we need to acknowledge to our FATHER that we are sinners.  We need to believe in our hearts that Jesus is our Saviour.  We need to confess this with our mouths.

So when I call myself a "child of GOD", it is not that I am greater than you.  We, who accept this truth are all equally children of GOD .  But it does mean that we cannot go on in our sinful ways.  We need to revoke our past lives.  Change our minds about sinning and then to acknowledge each and every sin that do.  

t is never going to be easy on earth not to sin.  We are going to be angry with people who do not deserve it.  We are going to be tempted to tell little "white' lies and we are going to be tempted in other ways.  But the fact that Jesus comes to live in us, means that we know when we sin and we should start to do it less and less.  And we should be greatly mortified to ourselves when we sin.  

So today, if you have never done so.  Admit that you are a sinner.  Believe in Jesus Christ as the Lord and Saviour of your life.  Confess this with your mouth.  

Prayer:  Heavenly FATHER, I know that I am YOUR child and I am so grateful for YOUR grace and favour.  FATHER, forgive my sins as I forgive those who sin against me.  I pray this in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Stay graciously GOD blessed today!

No comments:

Our LORD JESUS in the Old Testament!

  Dearest Christ followers, our LORD JESUS is often referenced in the Old Testament.  This Psalm quite clearly gives us a picture of our LOR...