Sunday 7 February 2021

We need to be obedient to GOD!


GOD gives us everything.  We are nothing without GOD.  GOD breathes life into every person.  That is why we need to respect our lives and what GOD has given us.  GOD has chosen our parents.  GOD has chosen our family and GOD has chosen the order in which we are born.  

That is why it is so important to value our lives.  We need to love what GOD  has given us.  We need to respect the order of our family.  And we must never neglect to show respect to GOD for what GOD has given us.

In the verse above, Esau gave away his birthright to his brother for a plate of stew!  This shows the lack of respect that Esau had for the place of birth that GOD had given him.

Later on in this chapter, Jacob stole the blessing of his brother from his father through a deception.  But in actual fact, it had already been easily given to Jacob by Esau.

Now had Esau prayed to GOD before he gave away his birthright, he would not have done so.  But in the heat of the moment, he just gave it up.  

Let us treasure the life we have on earth.  It is truly GOD given. And let us pray to GOD before we make any hasty decisions.  It could affect us really badly to act without a consultation with OUR CREATOR GOD!

Prayer:  ABBA FATHER, I thank YOU for my life.  I thank YOU for the order in which I was born.  I thank YOU for my parents and for my siblings.  I thank YOU FATHER for YOUR perfect plan for my life.  FATHER, show me how to continue YOUR plan for my life.  FATEHR guide my steps to follow YOUR will for me.  I pray this in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Stay faithfully GOD blessed today!

 

No comments:

Our LORD JESUS in the Old Testament!

  Dearest Christ followers, our LORD JESUS is often referenced in the Old Testament.  This Psalm quite clearly gives us a picture of our LOR...