Thursday 18 July 2024

Give!


Dearest Christ followers, in this passage above Jesus was teaching HIS disciples.  One of the things that HE told HIS disciples is to give.  This verse is often misquoted by the so-called "prosperity" churches, the "name it and claim it" doctrine.

We need to read each verse in context.

It is not that we should give in order to receive.  We have nothing to give without us having received it first.

GOD gives us all our blessings.  What JESUS is saying here is that the more we give, the more we receive.

But taking the verse in context, we have already received enough from GOD to be able to give.  Without GOD giving to us first, we have nothing to give. This giving does not only mean money either.  We can give others care, love, our time, our help, joy, patience, kindness, sympathy and empathy.  

And it also does not mean that by giving we will get more on earth.  The more we give on earth, without receiving any reward or acknowledgement on earth, the more treasures we store up for ourselves in Heaven.

We are not going to become rich by giving away all our possessions on earth.  That is not what JESUS is teaching. 

However, when we give, whatever we give, in which ever way, we open our hearts to the needs of others.  Through that, we open our eyes to the love that JESUS has for all of us, and we learn to love others, as we are loved by GOD.

We can also bless others simply with the unfailing, unselfish love that we have given by JESUS. 

Prayer:  ABBA FATHER, I come to YOU today to worship and adore YOU.  YOU have blessed me so, FATHER.  I thank YOU for my family, my friends, the people I meet.  I thank YOU for my home, for all that I have and all that I am.  I humbly pray that YOU show me opportunities to bless others in the way YOU have blessed me.  I pray this in the mighty name of JESUS CHRIST, my SAVIOUR, my REDEEMER.  Amen.

Stay generously JESUS Blessed today!




No comments:

Take up our crosses and follow JESUS

  Dearest CHRIST followers, when we accept JESUS as LORD and SAVIOUR of our lives, we are not guaranteed a trouble-free life. We are all goi...