Saturday 21 October 2023

Love!


 Dearest Christ followers, this is one of my favourite verses from the Bible.  It covers such a great deal in such a beautiful way.

Do we really love one another as Jesus loves us?

So let us go through the verse and break down what Paul said to the Corinthians about love.

Love is patient - are we always patient with those we claim to love? Or indeed are we patient with all people we meet, as Jesus is.

Love is kind - are we kind to all the people we meet, and not just to our family and friends?  Indeed are we kind in the truest sense of the word?

Love does not envy - do we envy?

Love never boasts and is not proud - can we say this honestly in all instances of our lives, or are there times we are proud or boastful/

Love does not dishonour others - are we guilty of dishonouring others?

Love is not self- seeking - are we?

Love is not easily angered and it keeps no record of wrongs done.  Are we easily angered and do we keep a tight record of people who have wronged us.

I am afraid that we are all probably a little guilty here or there and we probably all fall drastically short of the description of love above.

However, we are so blessed to have Jesus Christ, who forgives us when we repent where we have fallen short.

Today, let us consider our lives and where we are guilty on the above points, let us ask Jesus to forgive us and to guide us towards having the love that Paul speaks of in the passage above.

Prayer:  ABBA FATHER, I thank YOU for my Redeemer Jesus Christ.  Please FATHER help me to be truly loving to all the people I know and all the people that I meet.  Forgive me where I have not shown true love.  I humbly pray this in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Stay amazingly Jesus Blessed today!

No comments:

Our LORD JESUS in the Old Testament!

  Dearest Christ followers, our LORD JESUS is often referenced in the Old Testament.  This Psalm quite clearly gives us a picture of our LOR...