Monday 8 January 2024

Hold fast to the hope set before us.


In Jeremiah 29:11 we find a prophetic message and it goes along the lines of "for I know the plans I have for you. Plans not to harm you but to prosper you. Plans to give you hope and a future".

This is one of the Bible quotes most often used out of context.  It is so often used to promote the "prosperity" gospel. 

GOD did always plan to give us hope and a future.  We are sinful and we can never atone for our sins and guarantee our redemption.

GOD's plan was to send HIS only SON to die in our place and take our sins onto a Cross and HE was punished for all our sins.

GOD has given us the sure hope that if we believe in Jesus Christ as the Saviour of the world, if we accept Jesus and repent, when we die on this earth and go to be with our SAVIOUR, we will spend eternity with HIM in Heaven.

This is the advice given by the writer of Hebrews, that we hold fast to this hope of eternal salvation!

Prayer:  ABBA FATHER, I thank YOU for the hope of salvation that I have in Jesus Christ.  I pray that YOU help me to grow my faith daily.  Fill me anew with YOUR Holy Spirit and overwhelm me with YOUR Holy Spirit.  This I humbly pray in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Stay hopefully Jesus Blessed today!



No comments:

Restore people gently!

  Dearest Christ followers, we need to remember that we have all sinned.  There is no one righteous on earth.  All have sinned and have fall...