Wednesday 3 January 2024

YOUR word is a lamp for my feet!


 Our FATHER has given us the Bible.  It is GOD inspired, inerrant and it is the Truth.

It is an instruction manual for life and how to live our lives and how not to live our lives.

The Bible is meant to be our "google" for every problem or every situation that we face.

I have found that the best way to read the Bible, if you have never done so, is cover to cover.  Once you have done that at least four or five times, you can then go to the New Testament and do John first.  It is such a wonderful reference to use when spreading the Gospel. It confirms from the first verse that Jesus is GOD and the Word and the Truth and the Way and the Life. 

My favourite chapters of the Bible change constantly, but Romans is my "go to" book for reading and learning the nature and character of GOD.

I often quote Romans in my writings for my family.  I particularly love Romans 10 verses 9 and 10:

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved."

Then Romans 8: 28:
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."

But truthfully the Bible can light up our world, particularly in these ever darkening times.

Read it dear Christ followers.  And read it often.  It really does give comfort and reveals the nature and character of our FATHER in Heaven!

Prayer:  ABBA FATHER, today I thank YOU that I am able to read YOUR word and allow it to be a lamp for my feet and a light for my path.  I thank YOU in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Stay amazingly Jesus Blessed today!





No comments:

Restore people gently!

  Dearest Christ followers, we need to remember that we have all sinned.  There is no one righteous on earth.  All have sinned and have fall...