Monday 15 July 2024

Waiting patiently for the LORD!


 Dearest Christ followers, do we always wait patiently for the LORD?  In this Helter- Skelter world of ours, we have become very used to getting instant gratification. I often think about my grandmother.

She was born in 1901.  They did not have cars, phones, electricity on tap, TV, microwaves, aeroplanes.

Everything was "manual" labour, so to speak. 

If you wanted to speak to someone a long way away, you wrote a letter, and you posted it and you waited weeks to get a reply.

We have become so spoilt that we expect everything to happen instantly.  And, I fear, it is the same when we pray to GOD.  We want an instant reply.

However, we have to realize that we cannot force the Hand of GOD.  GOD will do what GOD will do, in HIS own time.

This verse above is a very good reminder that when we pray, we need to wait "patiently" for our FATHER.  And if we have prayed according to the Will of our FATHER, HE will lift us out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and the miry clay and HE will set our feet upon a firm place.

Today, let us resolve to pray and wait on our FATHER patiently!

Prayer:  ABBA FATHER, I humbly pray that YOU remind me that when I pray, I need to wait patiently upon YOU.  I humbly pray this in the HOLY name of JESUS CHRIST.  Amen.

Stay patiently JESUS Blessed today!

No comments:

Take up our crosses and follow JESUS

  Dearest CHRIST followers, when we accept JESUS as LORD and SAVIOUR of our lives, we are not guaranteed a trouble-free life. We are all goi...