Tuesday 16 July 2024

Have you confessed that JESUS is the LORD of your life?


Dearest Christ followers, sometimes it is good to go back to the beginning.  So today, I actually want to go back to the beginning, before Genesis.  And to do this I am using John 1:1.

"In the beginning" (before Genesis) "was the WORD and the WORD was GOD, and the WORD was with GOD - in the beginning".

Let us consider this for a moment and then we get to the question of today.

JESUS is the WORD.  In Romans, Paul writes that with the mouth confession is made that JESUS is LORD.  

Consider that the WORD (JESUS) spoke everything into existence. JESUS is GOD and JESUS was with GOD in the beginning.  

Also in the beginning, was the HOLY SPIRIT.  It is by the HOLY SPIRIT that we are convicted to believe in JESUS as our LORD.  The HOLY SPIRIT is also GOD.  HE was also with GOD in the beginning.  Genesis 1:2 " Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the SPIRIT of GOD was hovering over the waters".  

Therefore,we need to make the verbal confession that JESUS is the LORD of our lives. This is what JESUS did in the beginning.  That is our starting point.  A faith in JESUS, a truly repentant heart, and a verbal confession of our belief. 

If you have never done this, then I would urge you to do this today. 

Obviously, there is much more to this verbal confession, because GOD reads our hearts.  So, to say this and not to mean it, would instantly be known by GOD and your confession would be futile.  

However, if you believe with your heart, confess with your mouth that JESUS is LORD, you are justified.  Just as if you had never sinned when you have truly repented of your sins!

Prayer:  ABBA FATHER, I thank YOU that through YOUR grace in sending YOUR SON JESUS CHRIST to die and take the punishment for my sins onto that Cross, I am saved.  FATHER forgive my sins.  Today, I confess with my mouth that JESUS is my LORD and my SAVIOUR.  Bless YOU FATHER for this enormous free gift of salvation.  I humbly thank YOU in the HOLY name of JESUS CHRIST.  Amen.

Stay faithfully JESUS Blessed today!


No comments:

Take up our crosses and follow JESUS

  Dearest CHRIST followers, when we accept JESUS as LORD and SAVIOUR of our lives, we are not guaranteed a trouble-free life. We are all goi...